1. Control measures for Paddy stem borer• Release of the egg parasitoid, Trichogramma japonicum thrice (at weekly interval from 37 DAT) @ 40000/ac each release (when moth activity is noticed)
• Spray Bacillus thuringiensis var. kurstaki @ 600gm/ha
• Spray any one of the following insecticides:
Carbosulfan 25% EC 300-400 ml Cartap hydrochloride 50 SP400g/ac
2. Management of Paddy leaf folder• Release Trichogramma chilonis thrice (at weekly interval from 30 DAT) @ 40000/ac each (when moth activity is noticed)
• Spray Bacillus thuringiensis var. kurstaki 600 gm/ha
• Apply Beauveria bassiana 1.15 WP 1.0kg/ha
• Spray any one of the following insecticides per ac:
Acephate 75 % SP 275-400gm Azadirachtin 0.03% 400 ml Chlorpyriphos 20% EC 500 ml Cartaphydrochloride 50 % SP 400 g Fipronil 80%WG 20-30 g Flubendiamide 20% WG 50-100 g
3. Management of Blast disease in Paddy• Use only disease free seedlings
• Avoid excess nitrogen
• Apply Nitrogen in three split doses (50% as basal, 25% at tillering phase and 25% at panicle initiation stage
• Use resistant varieties like CO 47, CO 52 and TNAU rice hybrid CO 4 and moderately resistant varieties like CO 50 and CO 51
• Treat the seeds with Pseudomonas fluorescens liquid formulation @ 10 ml/kg of seeds
• Seedling root dipping with P. fluorescens liquid formulation @ 200 ml for one acre
• Soil application with P. fluorescens liquid formulation @ 200 ml/ac
• Foliar spray with P. fluorescens liquid formulation @ 5 ml/l
• Spray carbendazim 50WP @ 200g/ac or tricyclozole 75 WP @ 200g/ac or metominostrobin 20 SC @ 200 ml/hac or Azoxystrobin 25 SC @ 200 ml/ac after observing initial infection of the disease
4. Management of Lakshmi disease (Grain discolouration) in Paddy• Spray carbendazim + thiram + mancozeb (1:1:1) @ 0.2% at 50% flowering stage.
5. Control measures for Maize Fall Army worm• Summer ploughing
• Seed treatment with Thiamethoxam40FS) @ 5 ml/Kg
• Border crop with grain sorghum as trap crop (advance sowing) & cowpea intercrop
• Collection and destruction of Egg masses
• Installation of S. frugiperda pheromone traps @ 4 no’s/ac
• spray Azadirachtin 10000 ppm at 10 to 15 DAS
• Spray EPN or Bt @ 2g/lt at 15 – 21 DAS
• Spray of Insecticide Emamectin Benzoate 5SG @ 0.4g/lt or Spinosad 480SC @ 0.5 ml/lt at 21 -28 DAS and Flubendiamide 480SC @ 0.3 ml/lt or Chlorontriliniprole 18.5SC @ 0.3ml/lt or Spinetoram 11.7 SC @ 0.3 ml/lt at 36-42 DAS
• Spray of Metarhizium anisopliae (1×107)@ 2ml/lt at 30-35 DAS
• Poison baiting with Thiodicarb 75WP@ 2g/lt at 45 -65 DAS
6. Management of Pod borers in Pulses• Raise one row of sunflower as intercrop for every 9 rows of pigeon pea and plant maize as border crop.
• Install Pheromone traps for Helicoverpa armigera 5/ac
• Install Bird perches@ 20/ac
• Mechanical collection of grown up larva and blister beetle
• Spray Ha NPV 3 x1012 POB/ha in 0.1% teepol
• Spray Bacillus thuringiensis var kurstaki 5%WP 400-500 g/ha
• Spray Chlorpyriphos 20 EC 1250 ml / ha
7. How to control Powdery mildew in Pulse crops• Spray NSKE 5% or neem oil 3% twice at 10 days interval from initial disease symptom appearance
• Spray carbendazim @ 200 g or wettable sulphur 600 g/ac or propiconazole 200 ml/ac
8. How to manage Yellow mosaic and leaf crinkle disease in pulse crops• Growing resistant varieties
• Seed treatment with imidacloprid 600FS @ 5 ml/kg of seeds
• Installation of yellow sticky traps @ 5 numbers / ac
• Rogue out the virus infected plants up to 45 days
• Spray methyl demeton 25 EC 200 ml/ha or dimethoate 30 EC 200 ml/ac
9. Management of stemrot in Groundnut• For the management of Grundnut stem rot tebuconazole (ST) @ 1.5 g/kg + soil application of P. fluorescens @ 2.5kg enriched in 50 kg FYM/ha will be effective.
10. Management of Coconut rhinocerous beetle• Collect and destroy various bio-stages of the rhinoceros beetle from the manure pits (breeding ground of the pest). Apply 2 per cent carbaryl solution or Metrahizium anisopliea @ 5 x 1011 spores/m3 in the manure pits to kill young grubs.
• Soak castor cake at 1 kg in 5 lit of water in small mud pots and keep them in the coconut gardens to attract and kill the adults.
• Apply naphthalene balls 10g /palm with 100g sand at the base in leaf axile of thecrown once in 45 days
11. How to manage Rugose spiralling whitefly in Coconut• Yellow sticky traps to monitor the adult movement
• Release of Chrysopa zastrowi silemmi Predator at 15 days interval
• Release of Encarsia guadeloupae parasitoid
• Foliar application of Isaria fumosorosea (1×109 spores/ml)
• Intermittent water spray
• Spraying neem based formulations(Azadirachitin 1% @ 2 ml/lt ) along with wetting agent or detergent powder @ 10gms/lt at 20 days interval
• Spraying of 1% starch solution for sooty mould
• Avoid spraying of chemical insecticides
12. How to control rootrot in Cotton• Soil application of neem cake @ 150 kg/ha
• Seed treatment with P. fluorescens + B. subtilis + T.asperellum mixture @ 10g/kg and soil application of P. fluorescens + B. subtilis + T. asperellum mixture @ 2.5 kg/ha with 250 kg of compost during sowing and at 90 days after sowing
• Spot drench with carbendazim @ 1 g/l or trifloxystrobin + tebuconazole @ 0.75g/l . at the base of affected plants as well as surrounding healthy plants
13. Control measures for Mango inflorescence hoppers• Remove criss-cross branches, infested shoots and dense branches.
• Apply Metarhizium anisopliae or Beauveria bassiana @ 108 cfu /ml on tree trunk once during off season and twice at 7 days interval during flowering season.
• Spray Buprofezin 25SC first at the time of inflorescence emergence and the second two weeks after first spray.
14. Management practices of panama wilt of banana• Uproot and destroy severely affected plants
• Apply lime at 1 – 2 kg in the pits after removal of the affected plants
• Corm injection: Remove a small portion of soil to expose the upper portion of the corm. Make an oblique hole at 45° angle to a depth of 10 cm. Immediately insert a gelatin capsule containing 60 mg of carbendazim or of 50 mg of Pseudomona fluorescens or inject 3 ml of 2 % carbendazim solution into the hole with the help of‘corm injector’ on 2nd, 4th and 6th months after planting
• Apply press mud at 5 kg per tree to reduce the wilt incidence or apply Pseudomonasfluorescens @ 4 l/ha at 2nd, 4th and 6th months after planting through drip system to manage panama wilt and nematode complex.
15. How to control canker disease in citrus• Immediately after pruning one spray with copper oxychloride @ 0.3% followed by 4 sprayings with streptocyclin @ 100 ppm + copper oxychloride @ 0.3% at monthly intervals
16. Management of guava nematode problem in guava• Removal and destruction of affected trees
• Inter cropping with mustard and incorporating in soil
• Soil application of Neem cake @ 250g /tree
• Ist month,8th month and 12th month – Soil drenching with Paecillomyces lilacinus @ 50g combined with Bacillus amyloliquefaciens @ 50g/plant at four months interval along with 5 Kg of well decomposed FYM..
• 4th month – Soil drenching with Trifloxystrobin + Tebuconazole (Nativo) @ 1g/litre. Each tree should be drenched with three liters of water
17. Management practices for shoot and fruit borer in brinjal• Removal and destruction of affected shoots and fruits
• Pheromone trap@1 for 400 sq.m.
• Weekly release of 50,000 to60,000 Trichogramma chilonis.
• Sprays of Bt @1ml / L at 10 days interval at peak flowering
• Spray Neem Seed Kernel Extract 5 % or Thiodicarb 75 % WP starting from one month after planting at 15 days interval
18. Pest and disease management in onion• Onion bulb treatment with P. fluorescens 5 g/kg and T. viride 5 g/kg in 20 ml of water/kg of seed bulbs before planting.
• Application of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungus12.5 kg/ha and Neem cake 250 kg/ha
• Growing maize as a barrier crop
• Yellow sticky traps (polyethylene film of 30 cm height and 90 cm length smeared with clear castor oil) @12/ha.
• Foliar spray of P. fluorescens 5 g/lit and Beauveria bassiana 10 g/lit on 30th DAP
• Spray application of Profenophos 50 EC 2 ml/liter and Tebuconazole 25 EC (1.5 ml/liter)
19. Nematode wilt complex management in tube rose• Bulb treatment with P. fluorescens & T. viride each @ 10g/Kg
• T.harzianum or T. viride + P. fluorescens + Paecilomyces lilacinus each @ 2 Kg / tonne of FYM for enrichment & applied before planting
• For standing crop biopesticides enriched neem cake 100kg/ac – Once in three months
20. How to control fruitflies in bitter gourd• Soil application of Neem cake
• Installation of Cue-lure traps to attract fruit fly males.
• Use fruit fly poison bait – 500 gm jaggery, 20 ml Malathion (100ml/plastic container) @ 5 nos/acre for monitoring and 20/acre for mass killing of fruit fly.